BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 8, 2009



I am sitting here thinking (again)about President Obama (again) and this time its about his speech to school students. I am glad that my influence on my young charge caused her to decide to go to the speech. She is in high school, not much into politics and she said she "almost didn't go" but she went. When she came home, she was so excited. "Mrs. Cynthia," she said, "Did you see the Presidents address to students?" to which I said I had. She continued for another 30 minutes about how excited she was, and how she can do anything in life, and it made her feel good, it made her think. I listened and it occurred to me that she nor any of my sons have ever come home so excited about a speech in school!!
I applaud the President for his speech, his care and concern. Of course the haters and nay sayers are going to say he did this for political gain. Well there may be a handful of students who will be old enough to vote in 2012 but far more will not so I don't feed into that. I think those students who did not listen in was deprived of a great opportunity to participate with the country and their president. Perhaps those students have super wealthy parents who can afford life coaches for their children. For the rest of us, I think it was powerful!!
Hell, it inspired me. I am surely going to return and finish my degree and go up a step further. I say job well done President Obama. If I could just convince you to stop looking to the other side for support!!

0 comments: